- Hotel options: there is a varied offer in Casablanca, from cheap to very expensive options.
- The cost of a single room can vary from 35 euros to more than 200 euros, with an average of 50-60 euros.
- We will negotiate a preferential rate for the seminar participants and let you know as soon as possible.
- Airbnb is also a good option, allowing you to stay at local people houses and may be to share accommodation: https://www.airbnb.fr/s/Casablanca
- “Royal Air Maroc” is the Moroccan airlines company. It has regular connections with most of European capitals and main cities, but also from other continents.
- You can also book with other airlines (Air France, Lufthansa, Iberia, TAP, Alitialia…) or low cost companies (Easyjet, Jetairfly, Ryanair, Air Méditerranée…).
From the airport
- there is train, leaving every hour from 4 am to 23:45 pm, with 3 different stops in the city (last one is Casa Port – down town), Prices: around 4 euros (2nd class) to around 6 euros (1st class) www.oncf.ma
- You can also take a taxi that take will bring you at your hotel or any specific place, Price: 25 euros.
In the city
- you can use public transport.
- Buses are not really reliable (not precise timetable and itinerary).
- A tramway line is available and can take you to many places in the city: tickets price is around 0,6 euro www.casatramway.ma
- Taxis are not very expensive (red car – “Petit taxi” plate).
- The average temperature in Casablanca in April is very mild at 15.4 °C.
- The average sea temperature is 17 °C.
- Afternoons can be warm with average high temperatures reaching 20 °C.
- Overnight temperatures are generally quite mild with an average low of 11 °C.
- The mean daily temperature variation/ range is 9 °C (16.2 °F).
- The weather is a little parched with infrequent rain.
- The heavens above Casablanca are moderately sunny having on balance a respectable splendid sunlight daily, approximately 65.3% of daylight hours.
- Moroccan currency is DIRHAM (MAD).
- 1 euro = 11,2 MAD
- You can change money in all the banks and also in dedicated change agencies.
Culture and arts
- Racines: www.racines.ma
- Arts and culture mapping in Morocco: www.artmap.ma
- Arts and culture agenda: www.babelfan.ma
- Espace Darja: www.espacedarja.com
- Atelier la Source du Lion: www.lasourcedulion.com
- L’Uzine: www.luzine.ma
- Musée Abderahmane Slaoui: www.musee-as.ma
- Fabrique Culturelle des anciens abattoirs: https://www.facebook.com/La-Fabrique-Culturelle-des-Anciens-Abattoirs-de-Casablanca-337075619707162/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
- L’Boulevard: www.boulevard.ma
- Atelier de l’Observatoire: www.atelierobservatoire.com
- Villa des Arts: www.fondationona.ma
- Ministry of Culture: www.minculture.gov.ma/fr
Casablanca…is not the Hollywood movie! But it…
- … is the economic capital of Morocco and the largest city of the country.
- … is a modern city, multicultural and open to the world.
- … is huge and noisy, not so clean, but so attractive.
- … has one of the most important Art-Deco architecture heritage in the world
- … has the most intense arts and culture life
- … is a mix of modern and traditional places (city centre, Habous, medina, Hassan 2nd mosque, commercial area..)
- … has a great history of jazz music, cabaret and you can enjoy a drink in many different places.
- … is located along the Atlantic ocean, with several beaches, waves, surfing spots…and cold water !
- … has kind and helpful inhabitants, coming from all regions in Morocco and from many other foreign countries.
- Casablanca portal (official): www.portail-casablanca.com
- Visit Casablanca (official Tourism office): www.visitcasablanca.ma
- Lonely Planet: www.lonelyplanet.com/morocco/the-atlantic-coast/casablanca
- Le Guide du Routard: www.routard.com/mag_reportage/170/casablanca_la_meconnue.htm
Morocco at a glance
- Official name: Kingdom of Morocco
- Regime: Monarchy
- Head of State: King Mohammed VI (since 30 July 1999)
- Prime minister: M. Abdelilah Benkirane (since 29 Novembre 2011)
- Capital: Rabat
- Principal cities: Casablanca, Fès, Tanger, Meknès, Marrakech, Salé, Agadir
- Official languages: Arabic, Tamazight (Berber)
- Current languages: dialectal Arabic (darija), Berber languages, French (trade, politics, diplomacy)
- Population: 33,0 millions
- Religion(s): Islam Sunnite Malikite (99 %), Christians, Jews (1 %)
Contact & Information